University of Newcastle “Vertical Campus” New Space City Campus
NeW Space is a $95 million landmark education precinct in the heart of Newcastle’s CBD, harnessing the latest in technology and innovation in teaching and learning to deliver a world-class student experience.
NeW Space is part of UON’s City campus, offering University-supported activities across all faculties including:
• Digital library services and information commons
• Collaborative learning and research spaces
• Work integrated learning
• Facilities for industry, professional and community engagement
• Social spaces.
Minale Tattersfield developed and designed a consistent suite of signs and graphics, based on the signage guidelines it developed for the university in 2010.
Australian Institute of Architects 2018 Newcastle Architecture Awards to Lyons Architects:
• Newcastle Jury Prize
• Award for Urban Design
• Award for Educational Architecture
• Award for Interior Architecture
• Commendation for Lyons House (part of NeW Space)
Australian Institute of Architects NSW Chapter 2018 Award for Interior Architecture